On Wednesday the World Health Organization declared the Coronavirus (COVID-19) a pandemic. This means that the virus is spreading faster than current containment efforts. We have also witnessed many schools and sports association cancel/postpone/suspend activities. In this time of uncertainty, we are presented with a call to engage in prayer and the use of common sense to protect ourselves and others from this virus. After speaking with the leadership of Cornerstone, I wanted to share with you a few measures we will be taking as well.
Concerning Worship Services:
- We are encouraging all high-risk persons to stay home. Currently the CDC (Center for Disease Control) describes these persons as:
- Older adults (60+)
- People who have serious chronic medical conditions like: Heart disease, Diabetes, Lung disease, Low immune systems
- If you are sick, stay home!
- Limit contact with others. Avoid shaking hands or other forms of contact. We will temporarily discontinue passing of the peace.
- No refreshments (coffee or donuts) before or during service.
- Worship with us online, instead, and please consider giving online as well.
- Live Streaming available at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBdQ1hDzfHljh3EzPyA_zog
- Online Giving at: https://onrealm.org/CUMCgarland/-/give/now
Other Meetings and Gatherings:
- All meetings/gatherings where food is involved have been temporarily suspended. This includes: Dinner Church, Men’s Breakfast, and Game Night.
- Please use common sense when you consider having you next meeting. If you can cancel, please do.
- We will be suspending our in-home communion.
- Visitations will continue but at the pastor’s discretion.
It is my hope that in a few weeks we will be returning to normal operation, but until then let’s pray, be patient, and use common sense. Remember we are people of faith not fear! Remember you can still worship with us online!
In God’s grip,
Rev. Chuck Church
Lead Pastor of Cornerstone